Why you should join our Team?
e are different from other organisations in the way we think, work and behave. Global in our outlook of competition regulation underpinned by our dedication to being the best whilst making a difference in our Country, in order to promote a growing and inclusive economy. We know the value of our talent in sustaining this success and so we’re committed to offering the platform to nurture this talent.
We are a young and developmental organisation that actively promotes a culture of learning, employees are encouraged to expand their knowledge and expertise throughout their careers – this culture of learning is underpinned by peer mentor-ship programs, our comprehensive competency framework and continuous capacity building. Our learning initiative will help you develop as far and as fast as your talents and drive will take you, be it at Cadet, professional or Executive level.
We are the only organisation that offers a training ground in grooming Competition Law and Economics specialists. We offer you an opportunity of being multi-skilled by getting exposure to law as an economist and to economics as a lawyer and most importantly an opportunity to be part of an international network of Competition Law and economics practitioners.
Selection Process & FAQs
- Why join the Competition Commission of South Africa?
What makes a good application?
- We offer an opportunity for you to actively participate in reaching the objectives of building an efficient functioning, free and fair economy for all South Africans. You will be exposed to excellent training opportunities. Most importantly an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the attainment of the Competition Commission's vision 2030 of a Growing and inclusive Economy that serves all South Africans.
Can I submit my resume or CV via email or postal mail instead of creating a profile or applying directly to an open role?
- A good application is one that is honest, short yet concise and up to date. When writing your CV, take time and care to ensure it is accurate as this will significantly improve your chances of success. Please note that we will not consider incomplete, inaccurate or blank CV’s. If this topic did not provide the answer you needed, please contact us.
What are the requirements to apply? (Deadline, work permit, qualifications, etc.)
- No. Unfortunately we do not accept resumes or CV’s submitted via email, postal mail, in person or through any medium other than our online application tool. If this topic did not provide the answer you needed, please contact us.
What should I expect during the interview process?
- Requirements for each position are outlined in the specific job advert for each role. Please review the job posting to see detailed information. If this topic did not provide the answer you needed, please contact us.
My password does not work or I have forgotten it. What should I do?
- The interview process is one of our best opportunities to get to know the potential of a candidate, and for the candidate to get to know our people and our businesses. In most cases, candidates will meet with the hiring manager and a panel.You will be asked competency based questions and to complete a technical case study. It will be most helpful for you to know about our values, mandate, cases and the specific division that’s interviewing. If this topic did not provide the answer you needed, please contact us.
Is my personal information secure?
- At the login page, enter your user name, then click “Forgot Your Password.” You’ll be asked to re-enter your user name and your e-mail address. Click “OK.” Within a few minutes, you’ll receive an e-mail that will include a new access code and a link to a page where you’ll be able to reset your password. If this topic did not provide the answer you needed, please contact us.
What are the prospects for growth and advancement within the Competition commission?
- Yes, your information will only be viewed by the recruiting team or by the hiring manager for your selected positions. If this topic did not provide the answer you needed, please contact us.
- Career advancement and advancement is one of the most important elements for the Competition Commission’s employees. There are plenty of opportunities with the organization. Employees are given a chance to fairly compete for every position that is available.
- Interview Tips
- Ensure you read about the Commission including current affairs
- Respect the panels time and don’t be long winded in your responses
- Focus on relevant experience
- The interview is an opportunity for you to know more about the Commission , ask questions (relevant)
- Know the job you are applying for, if not ask upfront
- Keep your cv concise
- Determine your salary needs based on your living expenses.
- Get permission from your references to use their names.